Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I know Why the Caged Bird Sings



Its Funny, when how you think you know someone and later find there is more to him then the you thought. Sometimes you are happy to learn this new thing; sometimes your new knowledge grieves you.
i had subscribed to a blog by J.Lee Grady called Fire in my Bones i read this blog each day it showed up in my email. i don't always agree with Mr. Grady but that's find I don't always agree with myself.
In his article "What Barack Obama Must Learn from Barak of the Bible" Mr. Grady parallels President Barack Obama task for his term as president with the Barak of the Bible duties. i thought to myself “what a wonderful article” at the bottom of the article is a link to a discussion forum. i hadn’t joined before but I wanted to comment Mr Grady on his excellent article. When i finally got access to the forum i was shocked almost to tears at what these so called Christians had written.
i stopped for a moment and my mind wondered to a poem by Paul Laurence Dunbar called Sympathy” i guess in all this talk about finally making it God wanted me to know that the battle is not over, That we must continue to fight.
i wanted to post this thought on the blog (Fire in My Bones) but the Spirit reminded me of
1 Corinthians 2:14 which says But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
So rather than just waste my time on it i thought i would just post what I would have wrote, that it may be fully received by those that are spiritual minded. Here is what i should have posted

I know why the caged bird sings.
Paul Laurence Dunbar wrote a poem called “I know why the cage bird sings
As i read this forum my mind went back to a time in third grade when i was required to read such poetry. Then it was a time of “Black Power” and “By Any Means Necessary” we fought for equality, some with their fist, some with their guns, and some for their lives.
Many found their salvation not by the gun, but by the Gospel, then black churches were burned, and black children where murdered. Nevertheless  we clung to the Ol’negro hymns and bent our knee to Him that was able to save us.
My mind wonders as i contemplate these people.
There is this group of people who have destroyed the American Dream; they have allowed their personal opinions to steal hope from the hopeful, ripped faith from the hearts of the faithful. They step over the homeless and judge the teenage mother. They care more for our unborn then we do our 17 year old sons and daughters dying on foreign soil. They wrap their hate for other races with political terminologies; and religious ideologies; they convict a man to an infinite hell, of which they know nothing about, they never seek to know him, but continually seek to judge him, and this they do willingly
 
Ah, me, when its wings are bruised and its bosom sore,
It beats its bars and would be free
It's not a carol of joy or glee
,
I know why the caged bird sings.
Again i contemplate who these people are;   Are they Ku Klux Klan or Neo Nazi? Are they Black Panther or United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors? No I would expect that from them. No these are a much more evil group of people. A group of people whose hatred is back by an angry God  (or so they think).  A group of two faced, underhanded, uncaring and self indulged, motivated not by what God has for them but what they can impose on another to full fill their own desires. (Can we say Sanhedrin?) Their perverted views toward the desires of God are so great that many of them, if Jesus Christ himself would ask them for a bus token they would spit in his face and kick him off the bus.
In Jesus' name; they sits upon their high horse of piety, thinking that God have given them some special gift which allow them to judge a man according to what he might do.My heart is pained at those that call themselves Christian. Because if they are the best that God has to offer then it is not Barack Obama that I fear but this evil entity of those that call themselves the Body of Christ
I know why the caged bird sings.
Ah, me, when its wings are bruised and its bosom sore
It beats its bars and would be free
It's not a carol of joy or glee
but a prayer that it sends from its heart's deep core,
a plea that upward to heaven it flings; Yea,
I know why the caged bird sings.


My Goal is always Quality and Informative Articles on Prayer and Meditation, If you don't agree with what I write please give your comments, If you do Please tell others. I welcome feedback and comments;to stay up to date join me on Facebook or Myspace


Your Brother In Christ
T. Charves FireSpeaks

Get a positive view of prayer read FireSpeaks

No comments:

Post a Comment