- If Christ did not raise from the dead we are believing a lie.
- If Christ did not raise from the dead we do not have forgiveness of sin;
- If Christ did not raise from the dead then there is no eternal life.
Did the Church Fabricate the Story of the Resurrection?
What we do know for sure it that Jesus Christ Himself was the first to talk of his resurrection, scripture is very clear on this matter. So using scripture alone we can invalidate the argument that the church made up the story of the resurrection, because before the church was scripture and scripture clearly prophecy it.
Was Jesus a lunatic?
- 1.Mary Magdalene at the grave site (John 20:11-18, Mark 16:9-11)
- 2. The other women at the grave (Matthew 28:1-10, Mark 16:1-8, Luke 24:11)
- 3. To Simon Peter (Luke 24:34, 1Corinthain 15:5)
- 4. On the way to Emmaus ( Luke 24:13-35, Mark 16:12-13)
- 5. To the 10 disciple at Jerusalem on the day of the resurrection (John 20:19-24)
- 6. Again to the disciple with Thomas present at Jerusalem (Mark 16:14-18, Luke 24:33-40, John 20:26-28, also see 1Corithians 15:5)
- 7. The fishing disciples at the Sea of Galilee (John 21-1-23)
- 8. To over 500 and the eleven disciple (1Corinthian 15:6, Matthew 28:16-20)
- 9. To his brother James (who at the time did not believe that is brother was the Christ) (1 Corinthian 15:7)
- 10. To the apostles just before His ascension into heaven ( Mark 16:19, Luke 24:50-52, Acts 1:4-10)
- 11. To the apostle Paul, then the tormentor of the Christians then named Saul (Acts 9:1-9, 1Corinthian 15:8) 1 Corinthian 9:1)
But history does not stop just at these sighting of the resurrected Christ. The resurrection of Jesus Christ was like a rock thrown into a still pond its effect rippled thoughout history even to present time. Consider these things.
- Saul of Tarsus If Saul of Tarsus, the chief persecutor of Christians did not see the resurrected Jesus Christ why would he give up all that he had done up to the point to rid the world of Christians, to become the very same thing he so much hated. Remember unlike others at that time who had the gospel witnessed to them Saul of Tarsus (The Apostle Paul) did not have this luxury his knowledge of Christ was direct revelation of Jesus Christ Himself.
- The boldness of the followers; The disciples of Jesus Christ were not the most bold of men in the world, Peter was so afraid when Jesus was taken prisoner that he denied three times to even knowing Jesus. What changed these cowards into men bold in preaching Jesus Christ? It was nothing but the resurrection. When these disciples seen that Jesus had defeated death. They were assured of the possibility of resurrection for themselves and then knew that for those that were in Christ death had lost it sting.(1Corinthains 15:55)
- Christianity effect on the World
My argument is this today almost ¼ of everyone living on this planet are Christians.
- Many countries in Africa had less than 1% Christians 20 years ago now have over 55% Christians.
- Korea 40 years ago had no Christians at all, now have 44 % of the population are Christian, and is home of the largest Pentecostal church in the world with over 750,000 members.
- China in 1945 had no Christians at all. Now has the largest Christian population in the world.
- Christianity is exploding all over the world, in the southern hemisphere Christianity is the dominate religion throughout the world. Now consider that I choose these countries because they are still persecution just because they are Christians.
- In spite of being in communist China, Christianity is still growing.
- In spite of being in a once predominate Islam area, Africa Christianity is still growing.
- In spite of the fact that every year over 210,000 people are killed just because the call the name of Jesus. Christianity is still growing. The fact that even today people are willing to die for Jesus is unwaiverable proof that the resurrection is real. Still not convinced take it from a atheist who investigated the resurrection himself and what he found forced him to convert to Christianity Evidence for the Resurrection