Man’s Big Problem is sin.
- · In Exodus 10:16 Pharaoh realizing that he had been defeated by the God of Moses cries out “I have sinned against the your God, and against you.”
- When Achan who stole the forbidden spoils of Jericho realized that God had revealed his action to Joshua his response to Joshua was ( Joshua 7:20 )
- When Joseph was tempted by Pontiphar’s wife his response was ( Genesis 39:9 )
- King David committed adultery with Bathsheba, Uriah’s wife, than privly conspired to have Uriah the Hittite killed while he fought to possess the ark of covenant stolen by the Philistines. And when king David was confronted by Nathan the prophet for his atrocities The Bible tells us he repented and cried out to God ( Psalm 51:4 )
So Why Then is All Sin Against God?
- · We defile the image of who, and what we are, and what God has created us for when we sin
- · Though everyone is not a child of God, everyone is created in the image of God, so when we sin against that image, when we sin and mar that image, we are directly denyning the God by whom that image was created. This is why Jesus says "that which you do to even the least of them you did it to me" (Matthew 25:20)