Discerning What's Really Being Asked
- First I could hear the truth of what was being asked, I could hear its contempt of the word of God. and therefore I perceived the question as “If God is so righteous then why does he condone incest in the bible?”. I prepared myself to defend the Word of God as we should. Please don’t listen to those that would teach that God can defend Himself ( of course He can) However, the Bible requires us to defend the word of God. In 1 Peter 3:15, we read "..be ready always to give an answwer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you ( with meekness and fear)"
- Secondly, in knowledge of the will of God which is again a Biblical requirement to those that are in the faith that we study to show ourselves approved [before God] (2Timothy 2:15). It is in this studying that we are able to defend the word of God, (for he that has no knowledge can neither have a defense of or any faith in God). I’m going to say that once more, so that there is no mistaking what I’m saying. “He that has no knowledge ( of scripture) can neither have a defense of scripture , or any faith in God.” (Romans 10:14)
Please understand that questions about God formed in such a way that cause you to remove the Bible from your answer have the purpose of disarming you and make your gospel impotent.
Let us intelligently reason the truth. By virtue of numbers alone and God’s commandment it was necessary that there would be inter-family marriage (notice I did not say incest?). (Genesis 1:28) Since we believe creation to mean only Adam and Eve then we can be sure that their sons intermarried with their daughters, and the second generation had to marry their cousins and with each generation they would be removed from that family member exponentially.
Now let us remember God's command to Adam and Eve was to be fruitful and in the 130 years of before Seth was born, Adam and Eve may have continued to have children after Cain and Able. Cain therefor taking a wife from his his sisters, or nieces, or some other relative.
However, it is important to distinguish between inter-family relationships prior to God commanding against them (Leviticus 18:6-18), and incest that occurred after God’s commands had been revealed. Until God commanded against these types of marriages it was not incest. It was just marrying a close relative.
- Biblically we know Ham to be the father of the darker people, south Egypt and all of Africa and South America, the Bible identifies these people as Hamitic;
- Shem was the Father of the middle people, Arabic, Middle East and Asia, the Bible identifies these people as Shemitic.
- And the third son Japheth was the Father of the northern people, Europe and north those whose skin was pale in color, finally, the Bible identifies these people as Japhetic Eurasia
Your Brother in Christ