Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In your enemies face

  
As the dust cloud of my suffering charges closer to an impending assault, the advancing enemy is at full attack, and he points the weapons of my circumstances and fires the bullets at my past failures.

But God has not risen up a standard against him, no this time it seems that God has only place a sandbag at my foxhole; a sandbag just high enough for me to duck my head below the fire of the advancing enemies.

So I crouch my shoulders and duck my head down until my nose is almost submerged into the filthy germ-infested water that floods my foxhole. Just out of the reach of the advancing attacks I realize that there is not much room to move. Just a little lower and I drown; a few inches higher and a bullet ripped through the cavity of my brain. And to make things worst all my company has either died, or gone in full retreat and left me alone.

There is nothing in me worthy in this battle, I have rocks, my enemies have tanks, I aim my slingshot, while he points his cannon at me, surely in my own strength I will perish. “So I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.” [1] Oh my God how I need you to build a larger fortress, or at least drains the sludge that has almost completely encased me where I stand, cause my enemies to change their mind, something God, I need you now! “for I have no strength against this great company that cometh against me; neither know I what I should do: but my eyes are upon thee.” [2] And my confidence is that “you will rescue me even in my times of trouble, so that I will not so much as stub my foot against a stone.”[3]

Though every natural thing says I will be destroyed, I will not give up the battle, not weapons, or judgment, or sicknesses, or hunger, “I will stand in the presence of my God, and invoke the Name of Jesus in my affliction, and he will hear me.”[4]

Then out of heavens the thunderous voice of God speaks to me. A voice that shakes the mountains, and causes the rivers to flood, yet it can scarily be heard as a whisper in my ear. “BE NOT AFRAID NOR DISMAYED  BY REASON OF THIS GREAT MULTITUDE;  FOR THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS, ITS THE LORD"[5]  Therefore in your enemy;s face "STAND STILL, AND SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD[6].

Just thoughts in life with Christ
FireSpeaks



[1] Psalm 121:1                 I will lift up my eyes to the hills; From whence comes my help?
[2] 2 Chronicles 20:12  O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great                           multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our                                 eyesare upon You.
[3] Psalm 91:14               Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set                             him on high, because he has known My name.
[4] 2 Chronicles 20:9     If disaster comes upon us—sword, judgment, pestilence, or famine—we will                             stand before this temple and in Your presence (for Your name is in this                                   temple), and cry out to You in our affliction, and You will hear and save.

[5] 2 chronicles 20:15    And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and                             you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor                                   dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but                                 God’s.

[6] 2 Chronicles 20 17  Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see                           the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be                            dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment