Monday, March 16, 2009

The Omnipresence God ( Everywhere)

The Everywhere of Omnipresence

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. Psalms 139:7-10 (KJV)

The next of the 5 attributes of God is Omnipresence; when we think on omnipresence we must first
have knowledge of God’s Eternalness. If you can remember we said of God’s Eternalness that God existed before time, as a matter of fact one of the prerequisites of being eternal is to exist before time. We also said that God exist outside of time and space because he created them. We know that because God exist outside of time He is Eternal, and can therefore say with a strong measure of confidence that because God exist outside of space He is Omnipresence.
Jeremiah 23:23 (KJV) Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
So what does it mean when we say God is in every place at the same time? We are not saying that there is some God here and some God there. I think that puts emphasis in the wrong place. When we say God is Omnipresence we are saying that all space that exists at any particular moment in time is occupied by God. Not that God is everywhere at every moment in time but rather that God is everywhere at any given moment of time.


Jeremiah 23:23-24 (KJV)  Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?  Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD?


Without using the word omnipresence Jeremiah 23:23-24 gives a finite understanding of the omnipresence attribute of GOD. In Psalm 139:7-12 King David poetically expresses the divine omnipresence of GOD, this omnipresence which extends beyond any physical or spiritual locality to a place where David realized that God was not in a place but present to all places where ever he went.


Psalms 139:7-12 (KJV)  Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;  Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.  If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.  Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
Because our mind is naturally limited by what we know, we find it difficult to understand how God could be in more than one place at a time. The limitations which govern our physical body have no authority over God. Space is measured by width, and length and height, and when we describe any person, we take into consideration all those attributes. However length, height, width, and even density are not boundaries for the Omnipresence of God because he created them and therefore are not limited by them.

My Goal is always Quality and Informative Articles on Prayer and Meditation, If you don't agree with what I write please give your comments, If you do Please tell others. I welcome feedback and comments; 
Please  Follow me  on Youtube, Follow me on Twitter and Follow me on Blogger by clicking on follow buttons in the right  sidebar

 



Your Brother In Christ


Links

No comments:

Post a Comment